Sunday, November 23, 2014

Daily Mass at Monash

By Angela Schumann (published with permission)
I am in the first year of my PhD in Literary studies at Monash. Having come to Monash last year to do my Honours after completing my undergrad at Campion College in Sydney, the culture change was something of a shock, and the vastness of the place took a little getting used to.

There are many advantages to studying at such an enormous university, including the huge host of resources at my fingertips and the 4th floor of the Matheson Library that seems to have been filled just for me. I have met with many beautiful and inspiring people in the Arts faculty.
  Daily Mass at the Religious Centre has been an oasis for me. It is a place where I can go in the middle of my hectic day, where I can hear the word of God, receive him in the Eucharist and meet with him in silence. It allows me to reaffirm who I am and what I believe, pray for my friends who do not know God, and gives me the strength to go back into the world as a Catholic researcher. I am so grateful for the warm and welcoming community at the Religious Centre, and to the people who have made daily Mass possible. I could not survive without it, and with I know I can do anything. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Visitors of this website will never be asked for personal information, and should never post it in this site. Administrators and contact persons may provide contact information to be published here, but strictly on a voluntary basis.

 [New!]